MC 950 – One Microphone, Many Applications – Handmade in Germany
Updated 2023 iteration:
Hint# Looking to Mic up a drum kit?
Then check out our 6 part video series on drum miking, we explain what to look for and which mic is best for which instrument.
The MC 950 is a flexible small-diaphragm true condenser microphone with a supercardioid polar pattern, switchable -15 dB attenuation and low-cut filter. If you appreciate a clear sound and high impulse fidelity of small-diaphragm condenser microphones, our MC 950 is the right choice.
Due to its largely linear frequency response with gentle treble boost, the MC 950 microphone is suitable for use with a variety of signal sources such as piano, choir, orchestra or solo instruments of any kind. Due to its supercardioid polar pattern, the MC 950 can be used where sound from the rear is to be reliably attenuated, as it provides the most effective sound suppression at 140° and 220°.
The microphone also delivers excellent results for speech and vocal recordings - we recommend the optionally available WS 101 wind shield for speech and vocal recordings from a short distance as well as for outdoor recordings.
The MC 950 is made by hand at the company location in Heilbronn, Germany.
- Versatile true condenser microphone (supercardioid)
- Switchable pre-attenuation (-15dB) and low-cut filter
- High impulse fidelity and good transient response
- Powerful output thanks to high sensitivity
- Outstanding clear and detailed sound
- Excellent transient response
- Handcrafted in Germany
- Transducer type: True condenser
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Frequency response: 40 - 20,000 Hz
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid
- Sensitivity (0 dB = 1 V/Pa): mV/Pa (= -29 dBV)
- Nominal impedance: 180 Ω
- Load impedance: 1000 Ω
- SPL at 1 kHz: 124 Db
- SPL with pre-attenuation: 139 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio rel. to 1 Pa: 72 dB
- A-weighted equivalent SPL: 15 dB
- Low-cut filter: switchable, 6 dB/octave at 250 Hz
- Power supply: 11 - 52 V phantom power
- Current consumption: 4.6 mA
- Connector:3-pin XLR, male
- Length: 128 mm
- Diameter: 21 mm
- Weight: 106 g
MA-CL 21 Microphone clamp: Order # 727.946
Soft protective storage case to protect your investment.
EA 19/25 Elastic suspension 19 - 25 mm,
incl. MA-CL 36 microphone clamp: Order # 407.194
WS 101 Wind shield, charcoal-grey: Order # 111.244
WS 53 Wind shield, small, charcoal-grey: Order # 436.607
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.