Updated 2023 iteration:
Hint# Looking to Mic up a drum kit?
Then check out our 6 part video series on drum miking, we explain what to look for and which mic is best for which instrument.
The MC 930 is a flexible true condenser microphone with switchable -15 dB attenuation and low-cut filter. If you appreciate the clear sound and high impulse fidelity of small-diaphragm condenser microphones, the MC 930 is the right choice for you. It covers a wide range of application scenarios in the studio and on stage due to its compact design and the authentic and detailed sound character, whereby all post-processing options are also open.
Whether for acoustic guitar, piano, Hihat, overheads, choir, orchestra, voice or solo instruments of any kind, there is almost no sound source where the MC 930 is not convincing. For speech and vocal recordings from a short distance as well as for outdoor recordings, we recommend the WS 101 wind shield.
Above all, its natural sound reproduction is appreciated by users. Equipped with a switchable pre-damping and a switchable low-cut, the MC 930 also impresses with remarkable technical features.
Like all microphones of the M series, the MC 930 is also elaborately handmade at our factory in Heilbronn, Germany.
MC 930 Stereo Set
The MC 930 is also available as a matched stereo pair, the individual microphones are selected by our experts on the basis of individual frequency response and sensitivity for the respective stereo pair. Click Here for more information on the Stereo Set.
- Flexible true condenser microphone with cardioid polar pattern
- Switchable pre-attenuation (-15dB) and low-cut filter
- High impulse fidelity and good transient response
- High sensitivity and excellent transient response
- Particularly natural treble reproduction
- Outstanding clear and detailed sound
- Manufactured by hand in Germany
- Transducer type: True condenser
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Frequency response: 40 - 20,000 Hz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity(0 dB = 1 V/Pa): 30 mV/Pa (= -30.5 dBV)
- Nominal impedance: 180 Ω
- Load impedance: 1000 Ω
- Max. SPL at 1 kHz: 125 dB
- Max. SPL with pre-attenuation: 140 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio rel. to 1 Pa: 71 dB
- A-weighted equivalent SPL: 16dB
- Low-cut filter: switchable, 6 dB/octave at 250 Hz
- Power supply: 11 - 52 V phantom power
- Current consumption: 4.6 mA
- Connection: 3-pin XLR, male
- Length: 128 mm
- Diameter: 21 mm
- Weight: 106 g
MC 930 Stereo Set
Consisting of 2 matched MC 930,
2 x EA 19/25 elastic suspensions,
2 x MA-CL 36 microphone clamps,
2 x WS 53 wind shields and storage case:
EA 19/25 Elastic suspension 19 - 25 mm, incl. MA-CL 36
microphone clamp: Order # 407.194
MA-CL 21 Microphone clamp: Order # 727.946
WS 101 Wind shield, charcoal-grey: Order # 111.244
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.