The Orbis MU 23 chairman microphone unit is equipped with one microphone button, clear button and configurable function button in the housing. The microphone button is used to turn the microphone on or off. The ready-to-speak status of the microphone is displayed by the red LED on the gooseneck microphone and the green backlit microphone button.
The chairman does not depend upon the limited number of open microphones (NOM). Each chairman microphone unit is permanently allocated to a channel (max. 8) in the system. When using the clear button all activated delegate microphones are turned off. When using the function button the chairman can intervene into the discussion and mute or clear all activated delegate microphones depending on the system configuration. Depending on the configuration of the Orbis CU control unit one of the following operating modes is possible:
Normal Each participant can turn on his/her microphone unit until the maximum number of open microphones is achieved. FiFo Each participant can turn on his/her microphone. If the selected number of open microphones (NOM) is exceeded, the microphone of the participant who turned on his/her microphone first is turned off when another participant turns on his/her microphone.
Voice-controlled Activation The microphone is automatically turned on when the participant speaks into it, until the number of open microphones is achieved. The function button is configured via the Orbis CU control unit. The following functions are possible:
The microphone unit’s design follows the UN convention on the rights of persons with disabilities. It includes silicone buttons with tactile feedback and Braille marking. A headphone or induction loop for people with a hearing aid can be connected to the mini jack output. The volume of the headphone is adjusted with a separate control. Furthermore, by pressing the volume control the participant can toggle between two channels (e.g. original and 1 AUX-IN e.g. foreign language channel).
Microphone Not Included ( Image 2 is a visual example).
• Coated plastic housing with metal bottom plate
• Inserts made of optically hardened acrylic glass
• 5-pin XLR connection with hidden lock for removable Classis gooseneck microphone in different lengths
• Red LED on the gooseneck microphone displays ready-to-speak status
• Microphone button to turn the microphone on or off
• Three-coloured backlit silicone microphone button: White = microphone unit on Green = microphone on Red = microphone off
• Clear button to clear/deactiveate all active delegate microphone units
• Configurable function button
• Voice-controlled activation of the microphone possible
• Integrated loudspeaker with voice equalisation
• Loudspeaker is automatically turned off when microphone is turned on
• Headphone output (3.5 mm stereo jack) with control to select volume and channel (original and 1 AUX-IN e.g. foreign language channel)
• Two RJ45 sockets to connect to the control unit or to another microphone unit/system unit
• Automatic power off when the control unit is turned off
• Two holes on the bottom plate for permanent attachment to a table (theft protection)
Voltage supply via control unit . . Bus voltage (48 V DC)
Power consumption . . . . . . . . . . max. 1 W
Max. number of audio channels . . 2 useable channels per system
Signal-to-noise ratio. . . . . . . . . . 80 dB(V) typ., unweighted (external voltage) Integrated loudspeaker . . . . . . . equalised
Temperature range (humidity < 90%) . . . . +10 °C to +40 °C [+50 °F to +104 °F]
Storage temperature (humidity < 90%) . . . . -20 °C to +55 °C [-4 °F to +131 °F] Dimensions (without microphone)
Length: . . . . . . . . . . .140 mm [5.51"]
Width: . . . . . . . . . . .135 mm [5.31"]
Height: . . . . . . . . . .42 mm [1.65"]
Weight. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 670 g [1.47 lbs]
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.