The Orbis MU 43 flush mount chairman microphone unit is equipped with one microphone button, clear button and configurable function button in the mounting plate. The microphone button is used to turn the unit and the microphone on or off. The ready-to-speak status of the microphone is displayed by the red LED on the gooseneck microphone and the green backlit microphone button.
The chairman does not depend upon the limited number of open microphones (NOM). Each chairman microphone unit is permanently allocated to a channel (max. 8) in the system. When using the clear button all activated delegate microphones are turned off. When using the function button the chairman can intervene into the discussion and mute or clear all activated delegate microphones depending on the system configuration.
Depending on the configuration of the Orbis CU control unit one of the following operating modes is possible: Normal Each participant can turn on his/her microphone unit. FiFo Each participant can turn on his/her microphone. If the selected number of open microphones (NOM) is exceeded, the microphone of the participant who turned on his/her microphone first is turned off when another participant turns on his/her microphone.
Voice-controlled Activation The microphone is turned on when the participant speaks into it, unless the number of open microphones is exceeded. The function button is configured via the Orbis CU control unit. The following functions are possible: Normal: All activated delegate microphones are cleared and the microphone of the chairman microphone unit is turned on. The function button of the chairman microphone unit is illuminated red. The delegates can turn on their microphone only when the priority mode has been finished.
The chairman microphone which has automatically been activated, remains active until the chairman turns it off by using the microphone button. Mute: All active delegate microphones are muted when the chairman is speaking. The function button of the chairman microphone unit is illuminated red. When the priority mode is finished, all delegate microphones that had been active before, will be activated again. Microphones which have been activated by voice control, remain deactivated after finishing the priority mode. The chairman microphone which has automatically been activated, remains active until the chairman turns it off by using the microphone button.
The microphone unit’s design follows the UN convention on the rights of persons with disabilities. It includes silicone buttons with tactile feedback and Braille marking. A headphone or induction loop for people with a hearing aid can be connected to the mini jack output. The volume of the headphone is adjusted with a separate control. Furthermore, by pressing the volume control the participant can toggle between two channels (e.g. original and 1 AUX-IN e.g. foreign language channel).
Microphone Not Included ( Image 3 is a visual example).
• Mounting plate made of high-gloss acrylic glass
• Round edges for flush mounting into tables
• Removable gooseneck microphone in different lengths, with Scudio technology, 5-pin XLR connection with hidden lock
• Red LED on the gooseneck microphone displays ready-to-speak status
• Microphone button to turn the unit and microphone on or off White = microphone unit on Green = microphone on Red = microphone off
• Clear button to clear/deactivate all activated microphones of the delegate units
• Configurable function button
• Voice-controlled activation of the microphone possible
• Headphone output (3.5 mm stereo jack) and buttons to set volume or channel (Original or 1 foreign language channel)
• Two RJ45 sockets to connect to the control unit or to another microphone unit/system unit
• Phoenix¬Æ connector for external loudspeaker
• Automatic power off when the control unit is turned off
Voltage supply via control unit. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Bus voltage (48 V DC)
Power consumption . . . . . . . . . . max. 1 W
Temperature range (humidity < 90%) . . . . +10 °C to +40 °C [+50 °F to +104 °F] Storage temperature (humidity < 90%) . . . . . -20 °C to +55 °C [-4 °F to +131 °F]
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.