M 201 – A Go-to Microphone for Studio and Stage - Handmade in Germany
Updated 2023 iteration:
Hint# Looking to Mic up a drum kit?
Then check out our 6 part video series on drum miking, we explain what to look for and which mic is best for which instrument.
Whether in the studio or on stage, the precise sound and linear frequency response of the M 201 result in a signal that consistently stands out in the mix and leaves all post-processing options open. It’s regarded as a dynamic reference when it comes to natural sound reproduction.
The M 201‘s slim design also makes it easy to position the microphone, giving the users the best possible support in their search for the perfect sound. Due to its hypercardioid polar pattern and the hum-bucking coil, the M 201 is ideal to avoid noise and feedback.
Ideally used to pick up snare drums or electric guitar amps, the M 201 is impressive with a variety of different signal sources. The high impulse fidelity for a dynamic microphone is remarkable. Thanks to the hypercardioid polar pattern, the M 201 also enables high channel separation.
In addition to this, crosstalk is reduced as best as possible. This is another reason why this microphone is a popular companion for drums. The M 201 is appreciated for the use with acoustic guitars because of its clear and detailed sound reproduction. In addition, the M 201 can also be used for vocals or speech.
Produced at our company location in Heilbronn, Germany, since 1973.
- Extremely flexible dynamic moving-coil microphone
- Remarkably natural, detailed sound characteristics
- High directivity due to hypercardioid polar pattern
- Hum-bucking coil to eliminate background noise
- Ideal for snare drum or electric guitar amp
- A defined hypercardioid polar pattern
- Outstanding clear and detailed sound
- Handmade in Germany for decades
- Flexible application options
- High speech intelligibility
- Handcrafted in Germany
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency response: 40 - 18,000 Hz
- Rear attenuation at 1 kHz: > 20 dB at 120°
- Sensitivity (0 = 1 V/Pa): 1.2 mV/Pa (= -58 dBV)
- Magnetic field suppression: > 18 dB at 50 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 200 Ω
- Load impedance: 1000 Ω
- Diaphragm: HostaphanR
- Case/finish: Brass
- Connector: XLR, 3-pin, male
- Length: 147 mm
- Shaft diameter: 24 mm
- Head diameter: 24 mm
- Weight: 228 g
MA-CL 25 Microphone clamp with 3/8" internal thread,
With internal diameter of 25 mm. . . . . . .Order # 727.954
Soft protective storage case to protect your investment.
EA 19/25 Elastic suspension for shaft diameter of 19 - 25 mm,
with MA-CL 36 microphone clamp. . . . Order # 407.194
WS 101 Wind shield, charcoal-grey. . . . . . Order # 111.244
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.